Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
According to the International Hazard Communication Standard (HCS), every chemical manufacturer is required to communicate the hazard information of the chemicals it deals with to the chemical handlers. This is done via Safety Data Sheets.
Each safety data sheet should have the following information:
- Chemical and physical properties
- Health hazards
- First aid recommendations
- Personal protection
- Fire and reactivity data
- Spill and disposal procedures
- Storage and handling
GHS details that SDS are used to:
- Classify chemical data and hazard criteria.
- Identify a chemical's health, physical, and environmental hazards.